last night i attempted their penne with chickpeas, feta, and tomatoes - it was delicious! here's the recipe and final result:
- 8 ounces uncooked penne (tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 45 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in bell pepper and chickpeas; sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in pasta and reserved cooking liquid; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat. Add feta and remaining ingredients; toss to combine.
Fat: 13.3g (sat 4.5g,mono 6.2g,poly 1.4g)