Tuesday, June 8, 2010

watermelon salsa

as i mentioned, i'm traveling this week and will be in orlando through thursday.  so with a lack of other things to talk about, i wanted to share a great and healthy summer recipe :)


watermelon salsa

1 small watermelon
1 medium red or yellow onion
cilantro
1 jalapeno(seeded)
2 limes
2-3 cloves garlic minced
salt and garlic salt to taste

If you have a vidalia chopper this will be simple - otherwise, finely chop all ingredients and mix together.  I serve in a halved watermelon.

enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. YUM! That looks delicious! I'll definitely be trying out the recipe :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I have to admit I never thought of watermelon as a salsa ingredient but I'll have to give this a try. Sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. I know what a Vidalia onion is, but what's a vidalia chopper? Is it a brand name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah its a "as seen on tv" thing that chops onions and tomatoes in like 10 seconds instead of 10 minutes and makes it all uniformly chopped. I'll post a pic when I'm back online.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!