Saturday, July 17, 2010

10 weeks to go!


the last 3 months, although the craziest, have been the most FUN so far, and as this is the one and only time i'll ever do this, i am enjoying it so much.  we are tackling that "to-do" list and things are starting to get done - there's no more time for dawdling or lingering around because the calendar is forcing us to get it done...

but, this is also the time where the blog posts get a little bit more secretive, because as loud mouth of a person that i am, i do want to keep some things a surprise for the big day!

i read a post a few weeks back from another blogger that kind of hit me the wrong way.  this person said they were "bored" with the wedding blog world because they were seeing the cycle of less new ideas and more of the same things wrapped in to different posts, and the "diverse" brides were beginning to look more standard. 

here's how i feel:  we're all planning our weddings and sharing our experiences with each other in our blogs as sounding boards, advice, how-tos, inspiration, and sometimes even as a place to vent.  every once in a while there's a new idea in there too, but that's not really why i got in to this blogging thing - for me, it's a way to share my wedding planning experience with my family and friends who live 3,000 miles away because i can't be there with them.  this isn't a standard situation so i wanted to have a place to share it all so that everyone could stay up-to-date, because as badly as i want to be back east with them, i just can't.  i've appreciated the feedback, comments, and advice from fellow bloggers and i've just found this to be so much fun, that i'm really not jaded by the "lack of new inspiration", in fact, i am inspired by the blogs that i see every single day and i feel like they've helped me along the way too!

so with that being said - have a great weekend:)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I totally agree. Being on here has provided me with such inspiration and I love the support and advice. Were not on here to compete with each other for who has the newest ideas etc. Honey keep doing what you're doing and inspiring all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I have found so many awesome and different ideas from reading wedding blogs. I don't think there is anything wrong with the blogs I have been reading... but maybe I just follow some awesome blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like reading them because I am getting ideas I might not have otherwise :)I still couldn't imagine planning a wedding 3,000 miles away. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly said! Writing my blog has become one of the most rewarding things throughout this whole process and has gotten my friends and family involved and excited for my wedding. As long as you enjoying the process of sharing and documenting this amazing experience,that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!