Wednesday, July 7, 2010

CT shower recap

i feel so blessed to be able to even post this! as i mentioned previously, my future mother-in-law, aunt, and sister-in-law threw me a shower in NJ 2-weeks ago and it was gorgeous, and so very appreciated!

this past weekend, my bridesmaids all threw me a shower in CT for the north-of-the-George-Washington-bridge crowd and it was just as gorgeous and just as perfect. as promised, here are some recaps from the day!

(c) becky page
ok first of all, my cousin breanne ordered custom-made M&Ms with our PICTURE on them!

(c) becky page
then they had this cool chair swinging from a tree that they made me sit in. ok, they didn't actually make me do it, i was actually kind of excited to sit in it :)

(c) becky page
and they had all my favorite treats. including hot fries: classy, yet unrefined, andy capps hot fries :) my girls know me all too well - and california doesn't have hot fries!

(c) becky page

 
(c) becky page (me with tons of gum in my mouth, haha!)
remember that game i mentioned a few weeks ago? well guess what - they had it for my shower!! well i had to eat quite a few pieces of bubblegum (it wasn't a drinking game, i had to eat a piece of bubbleyum with every wrong answer!) it was the pressure, i promise!

(c) becky page
and what shower is complete without opening lingerie in front of your mother (far right!), grandmother, and future mother-in-law? at least everyone else got a kick out of it. meanwhile i was trying to shove it back in the bag but the girls wouldn't let me get away with it that easily :)

(c) becky page
and of course there's always a "tear-jerker" gift. a compilation of recipes from my late grandmother, mimi, who recently passed away in march. although she may not have physically been there, i know she was with me the whole time in spirit.

(c) kathy fromholz
last but not least, a photo of me and my bridal party. it was so special to have everyone there - especially those who traveled far and wide during such a busy weekend (saturday before the 4th of july) and my future mother-in-law and aunt who came up from NJ for a second shower!!

i was overwhelmed with the love that was shown and the attention to detail! along with the m&ms, my maid of honor also planted little basil plants for people to bring home and there were little bath & body works soaps for everyone. it was just perfect and i can't even begin to thank everyone enough (for the NJ shower and CT shower)!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time! You looked great. The recipe book looked like such a sweet gift.. I love those kind of gifts they're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your blog this morning and it's cute! Congrats on getting married. I'm getting married this fall also! :)... yey happy days! Those M&M's are an awesome idea! They did good! check out my blog sometime if you'd like

    tnicolej.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, it looks like a really fun time! I love the swing...My maid of honor's shower a few weekends ago also had customized m&ms and the bubblegum/question game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not usually an M&Ms fan, but those are SO cool. I didn't know they did photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! My mom ambushed me with a present from my Nanny (who passed)as well. At least you have cute pics with a nice book - I just have shots of my ugly cry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog so I left you an award on mine, please check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shower looks perfect - and that swing is too sweet. Where did you get that amazing dress?! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Erin! Anthropologie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWW! I think my favorite thing they did for you was the recipe book...I could see how emotional you got...so sweet! I miss my grandmother too, she was a wonderful woman. I had to hold up the lingerie too infront of my mother in law and my future step daughters! I warned them! LOL! So sweet! You look so beautiful! Love the M&Ms!!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!