Wednesday, July 14, 2010

wedding hair inspiration

my hair trial is coming up pretty soon and i'm getting excited.  now it's time to start getting down to what kind of look i want to incorporate on september 25.  my challenge is that i have really long, thick hair, so i always have to give my hairdresser a heads up before i come in that my appt. might take a little longer than most - and working with someone i've never worked with before is a little nerve wracking too... but that's the point of the hair trial, right?

here are some looks i am considering for the big day:

the classic chignon:


  
i'm also going to be wearing my mom's lace mantilla veil that she wore on her wedding day, and a gardenia in my hair to honor my grandmother who recently passed away this year.  i miss her so much but i know she will be with me in spirit and gardenias were here favorite. 

i think i'd like to have my hair up for the ceremony and down for the reception - not sure how high- maintenance that would be, though...  so we'll see what happens! 


3 days left to vote!  head on over here today :)

9 comments:

  1. love the inspiration! i love LC's hair half up half down....likely how i'll be wearing my hair, but worried waves will fall out and anything smooth will become curly if i start sweating (i have naturally curly hair). oh hair dilemmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love the first and last pics! I have thick long hair too, let us know what works and what you choose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the last one! Bu then again, I love any hair style that involves flowers.

    My hair is also long & really thick. It's always a treat to get it cut because it gets straightened as well, which I'll never attempt by myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many decisions! My fiance loves my hair curly so I get to figure out how to incorporate that into the mess. I have long thick hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of 2 looks. Letting it all down for the reception is such a super idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your inspiration! I love the messy chignon look. If only I could pull it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the second and third - slightly loose but elegant. Sounds absolutely beautiful with the flower and veil. :) I'm sure there's a way to accommodate both up and down. Is JFBL doing your hair too???

    ReplyDelete
  8. @erin - no, i was going to but because my wedding party is on the larger side, we will be going to vivid salon in madison to accomodate all the people we have :). can't wait to work with jenny though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love me some carrie...she is my hair-spiration too!! I think letting your hair down after the ceremony can totally be done...pull some bobbie pins and done. just practice first! :-)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!