Monday, August 2, 2010

confusing the seasons

i need to preempt this post with a disclaimer to say that i love fall.  the gorgeous colors and crisp air are such an amazing follow-up to summer, and it always seems to come right on time.  there are a lot of ladies planning their fall weddings as we speak and i can't wait to see the final results!  so, this post is in no way knocking fall weddings but is just giving my own thoughts about our wedding. 

although the first day of fall is officially September 22, (3 days before our wedding) i am still living in denial that our wedding is actually going to take place in autumn.  don't get me wrong - fall is a gorgeous season to have a wedding... but all along i've always wanted a summer wedding, or even early september, and the stars just didn't align.  it was either our date or september 11 and because most of our guests are from the tri-state area (new york, new jersey, connecticut) we didn't want to go with the 11th keeping in mind some friends and family who will have other things on their minds that day.  so with this being said, i am pretending september 25 will still be summer and completely ignoring the seasons.  

so even though in reality, the weather might start looking like this:
source

i'm still going to pretend it looks like this:
source

10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry to much about foliage making an appearance at the end of Sept. I'm getting married in October and last year on my wedding date, there was just a bit of foliage around. Though I guess it depends where in CT you'll be...either way, your colors will look great and there should still be a lot of green. We've been having so many heat waves lately, it could totally still feel like summer then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think fall weddings are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ ms. wedding crasher - me too! i'm just pretending it's still going to be summer :). some of the best weddings i've been to have been in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the opposite. I would have loved a fall wedding but summer is easier because 2 out of 3 of our brothers are students, September has Jewish holidays every weekend, and by October my FI would be working (although i'm so happy it's in August b/c now his start date is in Sept). I would have totally loved to have fall colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that Autumn (Fall) photo is beautiful! We are September too, but we are "down under" so we are in Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture is gorgeous. I also wanted to have a fall wedding or at least early september but I also have a lot of student on my guest list from other parts of the country so we chose the date to try to accommodate everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha you're too cute. I also love summer weather.. I say it's fine to say you're having a autumn wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the first picture is awesome! But just think, summer, hot... you'll have cooler weather, even though I prefer hot weather myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. we are doing something similar. we are getting married in february, but in texas, that's more like "early spring". people keep asking me what type of "winter-y" things we are planning, and the answer is NOTHING. i just hope we don't get some crazy weather system that decides to dump sleet on us, or something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's very thoughtful of you not to hold your wedding on sept. 11th. I still think about it every time I look at a digital clock and see the time says 9:11. I think it will still be very summer like and not too cold for you since the offical fall date is only three days before your wedding. And with the help of your wedding flowers and colors, it will feel like a very warm day! :)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!