Tuesday, August 31, 2010

in search of a pretty... umbrella?

sooo... i made the mistake of checking the online farmer's almanac to see how the weather is predicted to be on the weekend of our wedding.... and here's what our trusty pal has to say:

Sep 24-29: Rain, then sunny, chilly

not too bad, right?  i am determined to keep the hopes of the "sunny, chilly" part in our weekend (wasn't really to psyched about "chilly", but hey, what are you gonna do, it is the end of september and i really can't pretend it's summer anymore, i guess).

so, i'm in search of  pretty umbrella.  and i'm gonna buy it.  because you know how it goes.  if you bring an umbrella, it doesn't rain.  but if you don't, it's gonna pour.  and even if it decides to rain?  it's not going to ruin our day cause it will still look pretty :)

source

source

source

source

source

and hey, if it does rain, i can make the best of it with a cute pair of wellies :)

source
source - LOVE this

happy tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. I suppose you can make the best of it and it would be terrible to let rain ruin your day. But...I hope it doesn't rain for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute idea! I've heard it's good luck if it rains on your wedding day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute. I'm looking for one too but it's regardless of the weather. I want one of those "Just Married" or "Thank You" umbrellas - I think they make awesome thank you cards. I can't find one though & it's too late to buy or DIY one. ;(

    Check out Laila Rowe - she has cute umbrellas.
    http://www.lailarowe.com/accessories/product.asp?s_id=0&prod_name=56178&pf_id=PADAACMEJHFHJOHO&dept_id=3211

    Or how about checking a San Fran tourist shops? Do they have them like in NYC?
    http://a856-citystore.nyc.gov/SearchResults.aspx?SearchParam=umbrella

    ReplyDelete
  4. The farmer's almanac said my wedding day would be unseasonable warm and sunny...it didn't account for Hurricane Ivan!!! My unbrella got turned inside out leaving the hair salon! But a little rain didn't ruin my parade and it actually stopped in time for my wedding! I love your positive outlook to any situation!!! The boots are a super cute idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A heart-shaped umbrella?! No effing way!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!