Wednesday, September 8, 2010

going wireLESS

source

or at least considering it.  my work blackberry will DEFINITELY be lodged in the back of my closet in san francisco as i sit on the beach in maui during our honeymoon.  but my personal phone?  i'm actually debating leaving that home too!  

i made a little honeymoon itinerary for both sets of parents so they'd know where we'll be, flight #s, etc.  just a good thing to do so someone in the world knows where you are!  all the hotels have phones, obviously, so if someone needed to get us they would be able to.  and pat will have his phone but he is not addicted to it like i am.  i am snapping photos every other second, checking FB when i'm bored (hey, at least i can admit it!), and it's always with me.  i think it'd be quite liberating to go completely phone free for 2 weeks...

now let's just see if it actually happens!

8 comments:

  1. I have debated what to do with my Blackberry. I use one phone for both work and personal stuff and my work reimburses me for the full bill (yay!) but I do not want to even see work emails while I'm on my honeymoon (also HI...but on the Big Island). Maybe I can just shut off the email service for a while??? I don't know. I'll have to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my phone is a dinosaur! I can talk and barely text at that so it's not too much of a distraction even while I'm at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i definately think leaving the blackberry home is good! but keep the phone! you NEVER know! me and my fiance have 2 dogs and a cat so if ANYTHING happens to them i would wanna know, even on our honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. leave it home! enjoy they honeymoon without any technology, emails, calls, texts. WHO NEEDS IT!? love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't use my phone on my honeymoon but i so could not go without it for a week. i think it was the comfort of knowing that if i needed to make a call for any reason it was there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, 2 weeks! We took my phone and Mark left his home, that way his ex-wife couldn't contact him while we were on our honeymoon. If she really needed him she could call his mom who could call me and he could call HER back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot WAIT for our honeymoon! We had to put it off due to vacation accrual and don't go until next month. We will be on a cruise and our phones won't work without costing an arm and a leg, so other than possibly buying some internet minutes to check our email every couple days, I am planning on us being completely anti-technology (no phone calls, texts, limited internet) for an entire week. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DO IT!! I didn't look at a cellphone or a computer at ALL when I was away and it was bliss! Plus, it's SOO much fun to come home to 300 notifications and emails, etc. LOL

    My only advice - bring a watch if you're used to using your cell for time checks.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!