Tuesday, September 14, 2010

the guestbook

this is one of the things that's been on my to-do list but i keep putting it off, because i had a bunch of ideas for it but nothing really jumped out at me as a good one :)

we are doing a photobooth (the kind with the curtain in the back and my cousin is making pink glitter mustaches!!) and we wanted to have people write a message on a chalkboard and have that be our guestbook.  but i still kind of thought we should have something tangible that we could walk home with after the wedding, without waiting for the pics a few months later.

so, fast forward to last week and i was walking around one of my favorite stores, anthropologie, browsing the sale section for any hidden gems.. and among those hidden gems was this:


isnt it adorable?!  it fits perfectly in our "new england shoreline" theme and it's small and just.. pretty!  as soon as i picked it up that excited feeling came over me and i knew this would be perfect for our guest book.

here's a few more shots (all taken with my personal camera):


things are slowly but surely getting chopped off the list - and it's a good thing too, because we are less than 2 weeks away!!!  :)

oh and PS - still taking guest bloggers for the week of sept 27 - october 11!  send me a message if you're interested in sharing your thoughts :)

17 comments:

  1. I would totally guest blog for you, except that I'm getting married then too! I'm gone September 30 through October 11.

    And btw I love your guestbook. It even goes with your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great guestbook find! and the pink mustache idea is fantastic & will make for some amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the book its perfect! Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel like the photobooth is the next big thing in wedding trends - and i love it!! at my friends' very DIY wedding, they had a photobooth that was FILLED with props - wigs, blow up guitars, gigantic sunglasses ... let me tell you, the 800000 pictures that came out of that booth were a laugh a minute. i also really love the chalkboard idea!!

    but overall, i think you're right to still have a traditional guestbook. it will be a great token to have!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so pretty! I love Anthro. We're planning to do the photo-booth guest book idea with the chalk board too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea!! I love it. The guest book is still something we have to tackle in the less than two weeks we have:) I have a general idea, but lets hope it happens this weekend.

    Is this week going by fast for you as well?? So closeeee

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh that does fit perfectly with the theme! Great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So how cute is that!!!! I love it so original!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your guest book!!

    We're having a photo booth, too! I love them! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the simplicity of the guest book. i hope to find something that fits our personality and theme as well--simple yet classic! Good luck with crossing things off the list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a great find...very New England with the fish and seashells! I love that its simple and fun at the same time! Cant wait to see those pink mustaches! WOW 2 weeks away....how exciting!! CONGRATS!! So happy for you!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like the guestbook.

    I wish I was that thorough in my research when I was getting married.

    Good luck for your wedding. I am visiting from Miss Pancakes' blog. I am also a new follower. Hope you stop by and join in my new blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry, I forgot to click the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i adore your guestbook! so original! 9 more days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually have a friend who makes books and she offered to make one for us for our wedding! It came out perfect...because she knows us and all...and then we forgot to even put it out! Sad :o(

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!