Monday, September 20, 2010

i caved...

or.. and then there were programs.

i was totally down to not do them.  but then after speaking with some friends and family i realized it might actually be helpful for the following reasons, to name a few a) so that our guests will be able to know who is in our wedding party, b) to provide the order of the ceremony for those who do not usually frequent sunday mass (most of our guests!), and c) for the sake of our readers -who are not coming to the rehearsal-, so they will know when to go up to the altar for their reading :)

so, yes, i caved tonight and made programs.  when i clearly should have been packing, because i leave tomorrow for NEW JERSEY! 


PS - my new mantra has become: i will not check weatherchannel.com.  i will not check weatherchannel.com.  i will not check weatherchannel.com.  i will not check weatherchannel.com.  i will not check weatherchannel.com.  i will not check weatherchannel.com.  i will not check weatherchannel.com.  

:)

11 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see how your weddings turns out (means simply gorgeous or simply marvelous) good call on the programs because I keep programs from weddings that are important to me!

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I can't wait to see how the programs came out!!! I do find that they are helpful for the reasons you mentioned...even if people don't look at them again after the ceremony...but hey, they serves their purpose.

    I need to start following your mantra...but I'm too weak;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great.. I think programs are always good. BTW, cute new profile pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are to funny. I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. I'm sure they look great. So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you would do it!!!! :) Can't wait to see them!

    Make sure you make time to come & make a mini-registry so you can enter to win the W.S. gift card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. even though it is a pain if it rains on your wedding day, we found on wikianswers that it is a good luck thing ;) Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good mantra, keep up with it, trust me! I refused to look at the weather the entire week before our wedding. people kept trying to tell me what the weather would be and I just kept shushing them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the program, it did actually help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog. Very inspirational for brides-to be.
    http://petalsandchampagne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!