Friday, September 17, 2010

trash the WHAT?!?!?!

side note - this is not dissing you ladies who choose to partake in this event, it's merely my little old opinion about MY dress :)

i'll give you a hint about my dress.  

HA!  no i won't!  but don't worry - in 8 short days you will be able to see it in post-wedding recap photos.

what i will tell you though is i can't wait to put it on next wednesday for my final fitting and then put it in my little rental car, pick up pat from newark airport and make my merry way up to CT.  if things go well, i might even have a dunkin donuts ice coffee in hand (damn you california!  don't you know us east coaster transplants NEED our dunkin?  california does not run on dunkin'!)

i LOVE my dress, love love love it.  so many memories will be had in that dress, in a matter of a day.  as i mentioned, my dress was made by my amazing seamstress in hoboken.  i tried many other places and just couldn't find the perfect dress and then all along there it was, waiting for me in one of my favorite places in the world (hoboken!), right across from my favorite deli.  meant to be?  you bet!

why am i dragging you through this ridonculous post?  becauuuuse, i just can't even imaging trashing my dress!!  trashing it?!  it's so pretty and lovely and i can't wait for my daughter to have the option of wearing it - in some shape or form - as i did with my mother's dress.  and my grandmother is going to embroider our names and wedding dates in blue thread inside the dress which makes it even more special.

gorgeous girl but the photo makes me want to scream

so even if the thing sits in the attic for the next 30 years i do not care - there's no way on earth that i'm going to do anything to even remotely trash it - i am going to treasure it instead :)

13 comments:

  1. I couldn't do it to mine either! I'm planning to get it preserved....eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about doing this as well. I had a friend who got amazing pictures when she "trashed" her dress. But like you said, part of me wants to keep it for a child to wear eventually. Plus, I'm sure I'll want to put it on a couple of more times after the wedding...just to hang out in the house in:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also chose my dress and i am in LURVE with it, so to TRASH it, sounds ridiks.i am not sure why spend all that money to get your dress dirty on purpose...makes not sense...but to each their own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could NEVER trash my dress either! It sounds crazy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admit, I absolutely love trash the dress...but, will I do it myself in MY baby? Hell no!

    Also, what a super sweet idea of embroidering your names and wedding date in blue thread! I may be stealing that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen this and it makes me cringe EVERY time! To each their own, I guess :-) Definitely not something I want to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would NOT have trashed mine either! No way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photos are cool, yes but I can't see why anyone would trash their dress either! It seems like a crying shame. I read that most girls don't wear their mother's dresses anymore... but still... there's that option, but I couldn't do it. My mom suggested I sell mine and I can't bring myself to do that either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't understand unnecessary waste, so the concept kinda flies over my head. I love the idea of wearing it again for cool pictures, but not destroying it. I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still trying to decide if I want to trash my dress! I'm leaning toward no, but unfortunately the hem of it is already disgusting from dragging on the ground for hours that day, so if I don't want it to be permanently ruined I know I need to get it cleaned STAT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't imagine trashing my dress either... :)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!