Thursday, October 7, 2010

guest blogger la tache!

here's another guest post from another one of my favorite blogger ladies - la tache from smiling is good for your teeth.  she's a great writer and is a lot of fun to follow - go check her out!  thank you la tache!

Firstly, I would like to thank Jacin for letting me guest blog while she is off on her romantic honeymoon!  This is my first time guest-blogging...wish me luck!  I was going to write about wedding planning and love, then I thought that I would change it up and write about something different :-) Enjoy!  Let me know what you think!

source
 
I received The Alchemist as a college graduation gift and recently picked it up and was unable to put it down.  The first few pages were absolutely captivating and as I continued with the book I felt as if I was helping Santiago along through his journey while he helped me create my own Personal Legend.

This quote, among many others, really caught my attention:

"What's the world's greatest lie? (...) that at a certain point in our lives, we lose control of what's happening to us, and our lives become controlled by fate." ~Paulo Coelho The Alchemist (page 18 if you are wondering)

I am a strong believer in creating your own world and happiness while taking control of all aspects in your life.  It is really hard to do this and I would like to say that it takes a lot of practice.  I would ALSO like to say that it is worth it! 

I encourage each and every one of you to do something...for the rest of the day (and hey, for the rest of the week if you are feeling courageous): When you catch yourself feeling down and feeling out of control of your emotions, take a moment to think about why/how you got in to that slump and how you can regain the control that you feel that you have lost.  Look at something that may otherwise upset you as something positive.

Here is an example:  Someone cuts you off on the freeway so you get mad and honk at the person and then you stew about it until you get home and you blog about how terrible drivers are these days.  Instead of stewing about it, think about how lucky you are that you were paying attention to that car and that you were able to avoid an accident and that no one got hurt. 

A college professor once said, in so many words, "No one can make you sad, you make yourself sad."  Since that particular class, I use this statement on a daily basis - interchanging the emotion to make it apply to my situation.

See everything that happens throughout the day as a blessing in disguise and remember that YOU have control of how you live your life, how you act and react.  Don't blame anyone else for how you feel because you are giving them all of your power - and we don't want that!

i wish everyone a wonderful rest of your day!  And remember - Smiling is Good for Your Teeth

3 comments:

  1. what a great post to start the day! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post.... as usual lol. What great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great outlook to have. The glass is always half full not half empty. Imagine what a much better world it would be if EVERYONE could do it.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!