Thursday, October 21, 2010

so long, farewell...

you were there for me on the best day of my life.  your red heel showed in all of my pictures (well, i made you do that), and you were just glamourous overall.

but now it's time for another bride to enjoy you just as much as i did.

no, i'm not going anywhere but yes, i sold my louboutins...

why?

well i'd rather not tell you how much i paid for them, you might pass out.  and part of my purchase was convincing pat that i would definitely be able to sell them... so i took the plunge and listed them on eBay and now i must say goodbye (and work on getting another pair, closer in my price range that goes with everything, of course)  :)

call me crazy, call me what you want, but i enjoyed every moment i had with them and now it's time to share the joy with someone else :)


so goodbye, lovely louboutins!  enjoy your next wedding!
(c) scobey photography

17 comments:

  1. haha glad you were able to sell them and get some money back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I kinda remember how much those suckers cost! I didn't know you were gonna sell them. Props to you for being that practical!! I know that was tough to sell em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bless you...I bet that was hard :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! i never thought about doing that but that is a GREAT idea!! where did you get yours??

    ReplyDelete
  5. @smiling - i got them at saks in union square, the guy was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww sad and bittersweet...you should keep a blog just for the shoes and their travels...the next bride, and the next should contribute their photos of themselves in those shoes... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not come to grips selling my CHEAPO shoes, I can only imagine how hard it was to part with those gorgeous babies. They will have many memories though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh I hate saying goodbye to shoes. However most of the time I refuse to sell them and instead just wear them to death...and then say goodbye. Those are some awesome shoes.
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  9. You get MAJOR kudos and 3 Hip Hip Horray's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm crying over here. just a lil bit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's sad but very cool all in the same!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! I can't believe it, but good for you, that must have been difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Noooooooo! I kept my wedding shoes (first time around) a lot longer than I kept the guy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ::GASP::

    that is truly paying it forward to another lucky bride!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Damn, I wish I'd know they were up for sale (as if I could afford them, even second-hand...uh, second-foot?). I did the same thing with my David Yurman ring...splurged when I was single, knowing I could sell it after I was married if I needed to. And I did. Made 100% on it, though! And now I've asked for a new one this Christmas ;) I'm sure it was hard to say good-bye but you did a good thing Jacin, and what goes around comes around!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're such an amazing lady. Not sure I could ever give up anything with that fabulous red sole.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!