Monday, November 29, 2010

fall inspiration series part 10: centerpieces! (guest blogger Landlocked Bride)

from jacin: i am seriously running out of adjectives to describe all of these fall inspiration guest bloggers - there's so much inspiration out there and i am so thankful to all who have been contributing!  today's post comes to you from Brit Tucker of Landlocked Bride.  thank you Brit for all the gorgeous centerpiece ideas today!

from Brit: Jacin asked for me to share some Fall centerpiece inspiration. Of course I jumped right on board. I mean, Fall is my absolute favorite season.

So, when it comes to picking out floral arrangements for a Fall wedding - there are endless possibilities. Rich colors, big blooms, pumpkins, feathers, wheat, succulents...

But how do you add the glamour and color without being cliche? Easy!

Having a more laid-back soiree? Try loose, garden-style arrangements with a variety of vases and flowers. Check out your local Goodwill or antique shops for vases with character, or search online for vintage tea tins.

Photos: Martha Stewart Weddings - Lauren and Craig; Satoko and Alex

Or, take a few nods from Fall with harvest decor.

Photos: Martha Stewart Weddings

Or, take cues from my favorite trend: rich and earthy colors.



Photos: Tyler Jones Photography

fall inspiration contributors: 

Cakes: Here  I  Bouquets: Sparkle & Hay  I  Placecards: bWed Exclusive 
Paper: Paper Moss  I  Inspiration Board: Ruby & Willow
Cake Toppers: True & Wesson  I  Centerpieces: Landlocked Bride
Card Boxes: Creative Custom Card Boxes  I Accessories: Oatmeal Lace Design

11 comments:

  1. OMG second photo from the bottom - is that birch! I LOVE that! I must have!! And those vintage tins... I'm all over them. Great ideas Brit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas! I *love* the birch and the pumpkin vase shot was definitely one that I kept in my fall inspiration folder. We had the most beautiful **Carved** pumpkin centerpieces for our rehearsal dinner... Post coming Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas, Brit! So pretty! Loving the last two especially!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty! love the vintage tea tins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, some of those would be great just for a home centerpiece! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so gorgeous!!! I can's pick a favorite! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic post...love the woodsy centerpieces

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the vibrant colors and interesting textures!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using a pumpkin as a vase: this is brilliant! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!