Thursday, November 4, 2010

i heart textured dresses

i love details.  and some of my favorite details lie nestled within the flowy textures of the gorgeous dresses below.  funny enough, i had always thought that a flowy gown from monique lhuillier would be what i ended up with for my wedding day, but my dress ended up being far from what i had imagined in the end - funny how you have your mind on one thing and the dress you least expect is the one that catches your eye.  but when it's all said and done, a girl can dream about the "ones that got away", can't she?

i give you - romantic, delicate, chic works of art

modern trousseau

monique lhuillier

priscilla of boston

and although this is not technically a wedding dress, it is still absolutely swoon-worthy in my book.

jason wu

pronovias

vera wang

and under all the gorgeous and whimsical flowiness, there's no better shoes to debut than a pair of gorgeous louboutins (i may be partial to these, i'm not sure - still reliving the moments :))

20 comments:

  1. I'd have to agree. I heart them also. Sooo pretty! I can't help but think how perfect the first dress would be for a winter white wedding. Completely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these dresses are so beautiful.. i also love the sash at the waist.. I had worn exactly what I had imagined or atleast close to it. We traditionally wear red..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all!...my fav is the monique lhuillier...you're going to love my dress I think...I'll email you the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveee the first Modern Trousseau one. Don't think it would go with my June wedding, but hey, I'll fantasize with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vera wang dress! i could look at it all day long and not get bored haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE textured dresses! I wish I would have shopped more to try on these kind of dresseS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my dress is a textured dress!! it's actually very similar to one of the ones that you posted :) LOVE the textured dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So edgy and unique, each one of them. It isn't necessarily my style (mostly 'cause I'm soooo boring when it comes to fashion. I like to play it safe which is boring) but I can definitely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya know, the textured dress is starting to grow on me. When I first started my dress search, I wanted nothing to do with them, but now that it is all said and done, I'm kind of loving them and wish I would have tried some on:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My fav dress is the last one ;) The first one is very fun, soft, romantic and girly...but reminds me of cotton balls! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahh I love that first one! I went fairly traditional with my dress, but I LOVE looking at pretty ones like these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you. That second Monique is just divine! And thanks so much for becoming a Rosebud!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry if you get a double comment...I'm getting an error message. Anyhoo, that second Monique is crazy gorgeous and thanks so much for becoming a Rosebud!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As you should be reliving those moments! Those shoes are fab. That first dress is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty pictures. I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the flowiness of the Vera Wang. And I def.a agree with the girls who said it reminds me of a winter wedding. So perfect fot it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Vera Wang dress is absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the Modern Trousseau dress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm totally a texture girl. It seems like there are more and more "texture" gowns appearing with each new season's collections. Still in love with my textured gown - can't wait to wear it.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!