CRAB BISQUE WITH SWEET RED BELL PEPPER
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3 cups coarsely chopped red bell peppers (i use 3 peppers)
1 cup chopped green onions (i use 1 bunch scallions)
1 cup coarsely chopped celery (~3-4 stalks)
2/3 cup coarsely chopped carrots (1 big carrot)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion (1/2 large red onion)
2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 14.5oz cans diced peeled tomatoes in juice
3 8oz bottles clam juice
1 cup dry white wine
1 1/4 cup whipping cream
salt and pepper to taste
tabasco - a few dashes to taste
1. Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
2. Add bell peppers, scallions, celery, carrots and red onion and saute until vegetables are tender (about 12 minutes).
3. Stir in tarragon and cayenne.
4. Mix in tomato w/ juices, clam juice and wine; bring to boil. 5. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
6. Add cream and simmer 20 minutes longer.
7. Stir in crabmeat and cook until crab is heated through, about 5 minutes.
8. Season with salt and pepper (less pepper, more salt!). Serve and enjoy!