Friday, November 19, 2010

a special surprise in the mail

today i came home from work to find that i had missed a package while i was traveling this week.  turns out my cousin, who lives in honolulu, send me a wedding gift.  a homemade wedding gift!

i opened the package to find this:


and opened further to find this:

conveniently placed next to my sea urchin salt & pepper shakers

a handmade cutting board made with salvaged Jatoba wood from hawaii.  the fact that he made this for us makes it so special.


and look - it even sits on 2 legs to make it raised while you're cutting.

thank you so much micah!!

(while you're at it, check out his etsy page - could make a great christmas present!)

11 comments:

  1. That really is beautiful! Great job!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats awesome! happy cooking!! :)

    xoxo follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool gift. it's so pretty i wouldn't want to cut anything up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! I lived in Hawaii for four years and LOVE it there, that combined with the fact I need a new cutting board makes me hate you! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's almost to beautiful to even use as intended! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's beautiful! He did great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sustainable + handmade = awesome. Seriously Jacin, your lucky to have a family so talented (mom, bro, cousin, etc).

    I'd be afraid to use it too. LOL

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!