Tuesday, December 7, 2010

i love surprises (AKA a really great gift idea!)

my best friend christine was my maid of honor.  it was only fitting, seeing as we've been virtually inseperable since we were in 1st grade, and have gone through the ups and downs of life together.  christine is one of the most amazing, sincere, and wonderful people i've ever met and i love her to bits.  she made our wedding so special with all the little things she did leading up to the day and on the day itself, i can't even begin to go in to details.

well today we received a surprise wedding gift in the mail from christine that i knew was coming but just didn't know when it was coming (nor did i know what it was!)

and here's what we received...
look at the pretty packaging!

and more pretty packaging!


now if anyone knows me, you know that although i live in california, i am still a new england yankee at heart.  i love mason jars not just because they're really pretty to look at, but because i grew up canning jams and pickles with my grandmother and family and they hold a sentimental value to me.  i call "yard or garage sales" "tag sales".  i know how to go clamming (which means you dig in the mud for clams during low tide).  i love the beach - during summer or winter - and weathered old houses on the shoreline.  what on earth does that have to do with this gift?  it's rustic, it's weathered, it's detailed, it's lovely and it's just so us.  it's like a small piece of new england to hang in our california home and it is such a special way to showcase our wedding date.

i just had to share this with you because i loved it so much and i was thinking it would make a perfect gift for the newlyweds/anniversary or new parents (baby's birthday?) on your list too.  if you want to look in to creating one, you can check them out at frame the date!

thank you christine!!!!  xoxo

23 comments:

  1. What an awesome gift!! I def. want this and I def. will give this to someone as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Some of our Friends got us a similar gift but instead of the date it spelled our new name, or mine anyway. It was definitely my favorite gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it!

    that is what we did for our parents for their thank you gifts! instead it was their last names with their wedding dates on the bottom! i still want to get one for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE this, totally going to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a thoughtful gift from your maid of honor! I love that it represents who you are as one person and together as a couple! <3 Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I LOVE thoughtful, meaningful gifts and especially ones that can be displayed in someone's home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's perfect! That is such a great gift christy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is AMAZING!!!!! storing this idea in the archives!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. heart, swoon, want one of my own STAT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous - I love this idea... and I love anything weathered like this!! What a thoughtful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great gift! I've seen similar prints with architecture that looks like letters to make a last name.. but this is such a fun take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are fabulous! I love seeing them at different shows/fairs, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love this! i am going to buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being a New England girl myself, I totally agree with you. The frame makes me want to put on a comfy sweater, wool socks and a fleece vest:) great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a clever idea!!! And the packaging is gorgeous!! You are lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally love this. I've seen this on a couple blogs and one of them had a DIY tutorial that I thought I bookmarked, but I guess I didn't cuz I'm an idiot. :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE THIS! So sweet... it is a new tab in my window as I type. Looking forward to creating my 10/23/10

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!